Monday, November 7, 2011

What's up with this Blog?

Other than the movie version of the Julie and Julia blog, I hadn’t paid too much attention to blogs.  Who has time for blogs?  What with social networks, and all the ever-changing gadgets - Blackberry’s, Droids, Kindles, Nooks, iPods, iPads, digital this and digital that, really, who has time for a blog?  Definitely, not me, but as you can see, I’m blogging now, aren’t I?

This blog is initially about my first book, a charming and beautifully illustrated children’s story.  I’ll share with you how the story came about; the process I went through in order to convince myself it was worthy of print; the decision to self-publish in oppose to using the traditional, but these days not so traditional publisher; some info on self-publishing; selecting an illustrator; My Murphy’s Law on the Writing Life; and anything else that comes to mind, or is brought to my attention, including my two cents on self-publishing.

Did I just admit that I am self-publishing? OK, I admit it – I’m self-publishing.  More on that later, but I do hope, of course, you will all run out, or go online and purchase my cute little story.  The problem is, due to Murphy’s Law, my story is not yet available in print, but my fingers are crossed for any day now.

2 comments: