Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book Signing "Dress Rehearsal"

Imagine having a book signing without a book? That’s exactly what I did when the Canadian Women’s Club (CWC) so graciously allowed me to attend their most recent coffee morning and present my little book. 




I had anticipated that my book would surely, surely be out by this time, so I naively arranged to talk at this meeting.  Unlike the previous meeting, which, if you remember, I cancelled my appearance at, I decided to go on with this one, even if I did not have the physical book in hand.  Hence, I have since referred to this as the “dress rehearsal” for my book signing.

The meeting was held at Buy the Book. It’s a very charming book store that not only offers a wide selection of reading material, but also sells assorted goods created by local artists.  I particularly adore the Bahamian made dinnerware, and, at this time of year, the handmade Christmas tree ornaments. Coincidentally, I look forward to having my book signing here, as soon as my fabulous illustrator has finished with her art work, and laying out the book for print.

Here’s a shot of the two owners of Buy the Book, along with a prominent CWC member, her son, and myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your soon to be published book Jeralyn!!!
    Wishing you a healthy,happy Christmas season!!!
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete