Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just a Reading


Last week, along with The Big Bad Rain Monster, I visited The Hampton Library located in Bridgehampton, New York.




Story hour was from 7-8PM.  The children arrived in their favorite pajamas and were given personal bags of popcorn by the equally dressed librarians.  The reading went well and the children oohed and aahed when they saw the illustrations of the dogs and Mrs. Roundbottom.  The book might have been forgotten 15 minutes after the reading, but Mrs. Roundbottom surely lived on in their vivid imaginations.

Although I tried to downscale the reading to some family members stating that it was “just a reading,” and brief at that, I was affably surprised when my cousin and her daughter drove an hour to attend, and of course, my loving aunt insisted on accompanying me to the event.  It’s been great having such huge support from others.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet :-) "The Big Bad Rainmonster" is really getting around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet setting! Congrats on sharing so wonderfully your story Jeralyn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it was a another cute experience.

      Delete