Saturday, June 22, 2013

Reading Statistics

I can read Tolstoy's War and Peace in 31 hours and 59 minutes. I know. I'm a slow reader. I don't want to miss a word.


Furthermore, it would take me 42 hours and 22 minutes to read the Bible. (Not sure which version.) 

Or, putting it this way: I read 86 words in 36 seconds, or 306 words per minute. Apparently, I even remember what I've read. Now, that's the real shocker!



No, I haven't timed myself, and truthfully, I never finished either tome. So, how do I come up with these figures?  That's simple. All I had to do was click on the following link:
eReader





1 comment:

  1. That's a quick test. I'm slower than you. I doubt I will be reading either one of those books anytime soon. Going to have my kids do it and see if they read faster than their mom.

    ReplyDelete