Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ArtHampton

The Hamptons are noted for an assortment of breathtaking assets including art of all shapes and styles. This past weekend, ArtHamptons celebrated their 6th annual commingling of dealers and galleries honoring the artists they represent, as well as people like myself who are in absolute awe of the incredible and noteworthy masterpieces.

Fortunately for me, Saturday was not a beach faring day and that being so, I was able to budge from my daily spot along the seashore. Accompanied by my daughter, we left our beach chairs and summer readings long enough to take in the incredible and gifted talent of so many great masters of the arts.


Idyllically located in Bridgehampton, New York, well over 2,000 notable pieces were on display under the wide aisle tents of the ArtHampton Pavilion.

An Invitation
by Andrea Kowch
My daughter and I were particularly in awe of the incredible talent of Andrea Kowch. Inspired by the Masters of the Old Renaissance, Ms. Kowch is a rather young and mostly self-taught artist with a distinct style. One particular piece that caught my eye was An Invitation. The details and life-like quality of the painting were incredible. When I told the rep from Richard J. Demato Fine Arts Gallery in Sag Harbor that it looked like something found in a museum, she replied, "it is." If I remember correctly, the asking price was $35,000.00. OMG!

I also enjoyed meeting artist, Jim Ceravolo, and viewing his somewhat "provocative" paintings. Ceravolo, a pleasant and cheery man who has painted for over 30 years mixes abstract and realistic to create many of his pieces. Celebrities such as Rod Stewart, Elton John and David Brenner own the artwork of Ceravolo. While I was observing Ceravolo's bright yellow shoes, he mentioned the gopher that is trademark to some of his paintings. A cute little guy, the gopher, that is, but for the life of me, I can't remember Ceravolo's reason for it being there. It must have been the yellow shoes that zapped my recollection.

Artwork by Jim Ceravolo

Upon exiting the great tents, I noticed a blank wall and stared. My daughter asked me what I was doing. I told her that I imagined that along with many others, I was looking at the art work of Karen Hitt - the award-winning artist that illustrated my book, The Big Bad Rain Monster.

Artwork by Karen Hitt




5 comments:

  1. Jeralyn, Thanks for the nice comments about my paintings. The best of luck with your book.
    My best,
    Jim Ceravolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! How nice to find a comment from Jim Ceravolo. I'm tickled pink, or any color he wishes to paint!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your kind review with me, Jeralyn. I appreciate it and am happy you enjoy my work. Congratulations on your book.
    Best regards,
    Andrea Kowch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you too Andrea. Your paintings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year later I am revisiting this post. Why? Oh, didn't you know? It's time to head to The Hamptons to see ART.

    ReplyDelete