Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vampires and Surround Sound

One thing is certain - I am not a vampire!

Vampires sleep during the day. I can't. I might try but it never works. I either find myself thinking about what I could be accomplishing, or I start writing stories in my too active mind. It's actually amazing that I sleep at all, but there are random days that I occasionally give it the old let's-see-if-this-works try. Like the other day, for example.

Maybe it was the drain from an annual physical and blood test, combined with a not-so-great night's sleep that added to my sluggish disposition. Whatever.  I submitted to fatigue and prepared a darkened room truly worthy of a vampire, equipped with ear plugs and trendy sleeping mask. (I think even the Bon Temps night crawlers would be envious of the alluring darkness). I was all set, or so I thought.

Just as I settled in all cozy and such, a raucous sound from above pitched me forward. What the heck? Another roar and I begrudgingly identified the culprits: The Big Bad Rain Monster and his notorious sidekick - Thunder. Talk about the sky falling down!

Now, most folk like sleeping when it rains and thunders and I don't blame them. I would too. But, like I said, it doesn't work for me - during the day, at least. Adding to that, I'll share another disturbing reason why it doesn't work. Once my two frightened dogs sense - as they do sense it before it really happens - the nasty weather approaching, they practically plop on my face, blowing canine stinky breath on me. This behavior is then followed by intermittent trembles and whines. Why am I telling you all this? You know this already since you read my book!

Anyway. When it happened the other day, I experienced Déjà vu and was reminded of the time when Lady Chee-Chee went looking for a hiding place and found this one:




At least there weren't any vampires lurking in the cupboard. 



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely luv, luv that pic of Lady Chee-Chee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should enter that photo of Lady Chee-Chee in a competition! It would probably win a prize :-)

    ReplyDelete