Saturday, May 3, 2014

Flower Parade

Minutes before I took the above photo, a long and wide trail of yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers covered the top of this community pool. Of course, by the time I got my camera, the flower parade was over!



Below is a closer look at the same tree, which blooms in spring and is known as Yellow Elder - the official tree of The Bahamas. (It reminds me of the Forsythia tree that is familiar to my native New York; it also blooms in spring.)

From either view, the color is brilliant. Don't you agree?

















Another look at the flower parade, a few days later:


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo of the Yellow Elder, Jeralyn. The brilliance of the national flower of the Bahamas is amazing! I've been taking some photos of the Yellow Elder trees near the airport, so I can post one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete