Thursday, May 22, 2014

Proud Mama of Self-Published Authors

As a self-published author, I understand the ups and downs of this multi-tasking, do-it-all-yourself process. Therefore, I appreciate any writer who chooses to go it alone and self-publish. And, although I would like to feature all self-published authors on Jeralyn Writes, for many reasons, I am selective in my picks. When one of my authors makes the headlines, and in a big way, I'm like the proud mama shouting, "That's my kid!'


http://www.tourismtoday.com/home/bahamian-mixologist-gets-world-recognition-in-china/
Author presenting book to DeAnne Gibson, Manager of Culinary Tourism in Bahamas 
It came to my attention most recently, that Bahamian author of One More Cocktail, Oswald Greenslade traveled to China to present his colorful and attractive book at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards. Talk about traveling far for a book signing, presentation and awards ceremony!

Whether or not Greenslade wins "The Best of The World" title, he's already a winner with One More Cocktail. 

Additionally, and also featured here on Jeralyn Writes, author, Bob Waldner won 3rd place in the 2014 Spring Pitch Contest with his book Peripheral Involvement.

Congratulations to both authors on their huge accomplishments. And thanks for making me a proud mama who certainly knows how to pick her self-published children.


No comments:

Post a Comment