Monday, November 10, 2014

A Good Beach Read

Until recently, I've concentrated on reading one book at a time. Not sure why, but I now have anywhere from five or more books in various stages of reading. 

Yesterday, while packing for the beach, I had to decide: which book should I bring?

The Gold Finch by Donna Tartt, an excellent and colorful story, with almost 800 hundred pages, is a heavy tome to lug. The Art of Racing in The Rain by Garth Steina good story as well, although, I can't get myself to read the last chapter - at least not yet. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott is writing related, a topic I wanted a break from. Confessions of A Murder Suspect (recommended by my 13 year-old granddaughter!!!) by James Patterson, didn't fit my sunny mood; I wasn't planning on killing anyone at the beach.

The final book under consideration, The Fault in Our Stars (also recommended by my 13 year-old granddaughter) by John Green, remained unread and twinkled at me. I grabbed it. 

A Good Beach Read

No comments:

Post a Comment